Last Date of Receipt of Applications: 24 September 2023
Position Code : PHFI-CNST-508
Position Title : Consultant (Technical Expert – Environmental Health)
No. of Positions : 01
Work Location : Delhi/ NCR
Duration of Position : 4 months or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier
Brief on the Organization:
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders. For more information, please visit the website www.phfi.org.
Public Health Foundation of India and Healthcare Without Harm have signed an MoU to be engaged as Strategic Partners committed to supporting greater environmental health in India through a series of projects.
This MOU is intended to serve as a framework for the next phase of our ongoing partnership at the program, management, fundraising, and governance levels.
The following sets out in general terms what the transition and collaboration between PHFI and HCWH will consist of.
- HELP: The Health and Environment Leadership Platform (HELP) has more than 80 institutional members representing almost 8,000 hospitals. It is the India arm of Global Green and Healthy Hospitals, HCWH’s network that boasts nearly 1800 institutional members, representing 71,000 hospitals in 82 countries. GGHH runs a number of programs, including the Health Care Climate Challenge, the UNFCCC Race to Zero health care cohort, and Climate Impact Checkup (see Health Care Climate Action website) , a tool for health care facilities to measure their climate footprint.
- Climate and Health Policy: As a MOHFW Centre for Excellence for Green, Climate Resilient Health Facilities, PHFI has helped the National Centre for Disease Control establish a dialogue with state governments on transitioning Indian health care to climate resilient, low-carbon models of care. HCWH has supported this effort with global analysis and technical expertise. Going forward there is significant opportunity to continue to build this work together and to support the Indian government in its efforts in this area both through NCDC, the MOHFW and other entities, particularly in light of the Indian G20 Presidency’s support for the G20 High Level Principles for Health Care Climate Action. In 2023 and beyond, PHFI and HCWH will work to deepen the strategy and activities intended to move government policy at the state and national levels, with a focus on assessing the carbon footprint of the health care sector and developing action plans to move the sector toward net zero and climate resilience.
- International program engagement: PHFI has collaborated with HCWH and other partners to develop and implement program initiatives globally and in other countries. This has come through co-authoring reports, articles and papers, participating in international fora such as the UNFCCC negotiations, supporting and learning from partners in other countries, and helping shape the direction of the program work. This is a valuable contribution to the global network that we agree should continue.
- Provide Technical expertise in environmental health and assist in expanding the activities of the CEH.
- Establish strategic partnerships with key donors in the arena of environmental health initiatives of PHFI.
- Promote, facilitate, research and implementation activities in Environmental Health with a programmatic approach.
- Build the capacity building and academic portfolio of the Centre for Environmental Health.
- Prepare and manage budgets, drive fundraising initiatives and implement procedures to meet the Centre’s & PHFI’s overall objectives and obligations.
- Develop the research and program staff of the Centre for improving the effectiveness of PHFI’s initiatives through the CEH.
- Laision with HCWH Team as well as the PHFI Project team based in Delhi and at the Indian Institutes of Public Health.
- Working closely with PHFI Project Team and also with State Governments as per the mandate of the work plan finalised between the HCWH and PHFI.
- Documentation of project activities and preparation of reports, technical reports, policy briefs etc.
- Any other tasks assigned by Supervisor/PI.
- Masters in Environmental Sciences/ PhD in Health Sciences.
- Around 6 Years of work experience of working in the intersection of Health and the Environment.
Please note that consultancy fees will commensurate with available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
Interested and eligible candidates may send their updated CV to email@example.com and fill the application form– https://forms.office.com/r/3uTMs05L9V . Please mention the exact Position Code (PHFI-CNST-508) in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: 24 September 2023.
- Candidates are requested to refer PHFI website for position description & process for applying. Please note only those applications will be considered which are received as per instruction written on PHFI website.
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
- PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
“PHFI reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process”.
Women are encouraged to apply!