Last date of application: 22nd Sep 2023
Work location: Bangalore
Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Medical Research Manager should be committed towards and passionate about public and community health and health education, and ready to join our dynamic teams of medical and public health program development, program delivery, knowledge monitoring & evaluation, and behavioral research in order to advance the Care Companion Program. Overall, the role will be focused on managing the development of the research protocols in the process of public health & medical content development in CCP tools, organizationally supporting in developing/revising Theory of Change (ToC) for newer/existing programs, and periodic revision of research strategy for medical content that is aligned to government guidelines and local health practices; supporting content teams in developing effective medically correct and socially acceptable materials that can be used for effective health education and supports all medical research activities across Noora Health’s teams and in publication of scientific papers and medical conference.
Key roles and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
● The role will be focused on managing the development of the research protocols in the process of public health & medical content development in CCP tools. This primarily involves under the guidance of the Director – Health, and in a close coordination with the content manager.
● Explore newer areas for program expansion based on public health & medical evidence and develop mapping of health literacy/education level across the country.
● Leads the medical team in developing/revising Theory of Change (ToC) for newer/existing programs based on medical and public health evidence.
● Under guidance of Director- Health, periodic revision of research strategy for medical content that is aligned to government guidelines and local health practices; supporting content teams in developing effective medically correct and socially acceptable materials that can be used for effective health education.
● Guides Content researchers and writers within health team in developing effective tool contents that are aligned with the theory of change and is in accordance with the overall health education strategy, curriculum and structure.
● Supports all medical research activities across Noora Health’s country teams and guides on publication of scientific papers, peer reviewed medical journals and conferences.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
● Medical (MBBS) with Public Health/Community Medicine (MPH/MD) postgraduate qualification with 2+ years of experience who is strongly motivated to solve important public health challenges through effective health education and promotion, and is dedicated to the social and development sector, and to health equity.
● Experience in medical and public health research, preparing training materials, writing research papers.
● Experience working in the public health field or development sector in a similar job profile.
● Excellent research skills, literature reviews, use of analytical tools, develop scientific manuscripts, conference documents, and report development skills in English.
● Being multilingual. Proficiency in Hindi and/or any other South Asian language is of added advantage.
● Good skills in Statistical software, MS Office and internet usage.
● Willing to live and work in Bangalore and travel to project sites as required within India (not more than 6-7 days/month).
● Prior Clinical or Health Education experience of at least one-year in health-care settings is preferred.
● Having at least two scientific publications in peer reviewed journals & participating in international medical/public health conferences.
● Proficient communicator – oral and written.
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.
How to apply
Apply online at https://boards.greenhouse.io/noorahealth/jobs/4307541005#app